Jump to navigation Jump to search
GGGQEP is short for Gadolinium Gallium Garnet Quantum Electronic Processors. Is one of the more obscure urban internet myths.
“”The following is a theoretical data storage method that utilizes a synthetic crystal called "GGG" or "Gadolinium Gallium Garnet". It is manufactured as a diamond synthetic, and is derived from "Gadolinium Gallium Oxide". These are transparent crystalline solids with a high hardness and density. With 3 powerful lasers, you burn out a point within the crystal, and with a scanning device to read data from it. You can only read and write; you cannot delete or rewrite the data.
- Gd3Ga5O12 - Gadolinium Gallium Oxide
- Gd3Ga3O12 - Gadolinium Gallium Garnet
- Hardness 6.5
- Density 7.08 g/cm
- Refraction Index 1.970 (+.060)
- Gd - 471.75
- Ga - 209.169
- O - 191.9928
- Total Molecular Weight of - 872.9118 atm
- 1 Mol = 872.9118 grams of crystal at a density of 7.08g/cm yields approximately 123.29cm^3
- cubic root of 123.29cm^3 = 4.977095
- A 5cm x 5cm x 5cm cube... that works out JUST fine.
- Data storage by a perfect cube is measured at:n^3